willing to supervise
Pensylvania State University
- Assistant Professor (2018/02- Present), Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of British Columbia.
- Post-doctoral associate (2012/11 – 2018/01), Department of Applied Physics, Yale University.
Molecular Beam Epitaxy Lab
Synthesis and design of quantum materials
- Roemer, C. Liu, and K. Zou, “Robust ferromagnetism in wafer-scale monolayer and multilayer Fe3GeTe2”, npj 2D Materials and Applications, 4, 33 (2020).
- Shin, C. Liu, F. Li, R. Sutarto, B.A. Davidson, and K. Zou, “Controlling the electrical and magnetic ground states by doping in the complete phase diagram of titanate Eu1− xLaxTiO3 thin films”, Physical Review B, 101, 214105 (2020).
- Liu, and K. Zou, “Tuning stoichiometry and its impact on superconductivity of monolayer and multilayer FeSe on SrTiO3”, Physical Review B: Rapid Communications, 101, 140502(R) (2020).
- Peng, K. Zou, M. G. Han, S.D. Albright, H. Hong, C. Lau, H. C. Xu, Y. Zhu, F.J. Walker, C.H. Ahn, “Picoscale structural insight into superconductivity of monolayer FeSe/SrTiO3”, Science Advances, 6, 15, 4517 (2020).
- Li, B.A. Davidson, R. Sutarto, H. Shin, C. Liu, I. Elfimov, K. Foyevtsova, F. He, G.A. Sawatzky, and K. Zou, “Epitaxial growth of perovskite SrBiO3 film on SrTiO3 (001) by oxide molecular beam epitaxy”, Physical Review Materials: Rapid Communications, 3, 100802(R) (2019).
- K. Zou, S.D. Albright, O. Dagdeviren, M.D. Morales-Acosta, G.H. Simon, C. Zhou, S. Mandal, S.I. Ismail-Beigi, U.D. Schwarz, E.I. Altman, F.J. Walker, and C.H. Ahn, “Revealing surface-state transport in ultrathin topological crystalline insulator SnTe films”, APL Materials, 7, 051106 (2019).