How to Seek Help with A Computer Problem
1. Try to find a solution on this website:
- use the Service Catelogue navigation on the right
- use the Service Catelogue Index page
- use the site-wide Search box at the bottom of the right-hand navigation box
2. Submit a trouble-ticket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Trouble Ticket will be created and an appropriate person will respond ASAP.
- For issues related to Cluster Support/HPC, send an email to email@example.com instead.
- For issues relating to this public web site, please use the Website Feedback Form
- Issues relating to the secure/internal web site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHAS IT Staff
The following table lists the IT staff and their main areas of responsibility. The list of responsibilities is not exclusive, since all system administrators have broad expertise, but is included to indicate the best person to contact for a non-urgent problem.
|student/computer lab maintenance
desktop computers (Windows) support
general network user support
user account maintenance
department directory and email list maintenance
|student/computer lab server admin.
*.astro.ubc.ca server maintenance (www and ariel)
general research support
secure web site: job applications, course archive
|*.phas.ubc.ca server admin. (filesvr, backup, web and mail)
firewall (FWSM) administration
|Hennings Room TBA
high performance computing