Mechanical Services Unit (MSU)
The MSU offers assistance with all mechanical design, fabrication, and repairs needs. The MSU includes the following: xx
- Main Instrument/Machine Shop (Hennings 215)
- Shared Technical Services (Hennings 114)
- Student Machine Shop (Hennings 224) - Follow this link for SMS Course Registration.
- Waterjet Cutting (Hennings 219)
- Laser Cutting and Engraving
- 3D Printing Services
Hours of Operation [Monday to Friday] :
08:00 - 10:00
10:15 - 12:00
12:30 - 15:00
15:15 - 16:00
For any inquiries or to submit a new project to the MSU, please contact tech...@phas.ubc.ca.
Electronics Laboratory (Elab)
As part of the technical services, the Electronics Laboratory offers assistance in the design, manufacturing, and repair of electronics instruments and devices.
For your convenience, the department stocks a variety of items that can be purchased and charged to your account's speedchart. These stores include:
- Main Store (Hennings 210): office supplies, cleaning products, light bulbs, tools, hardware, etc.
- E-Lab (Hennings 254): Electronic components, wire, etc.
- Raw material stockroom (Hennings 215): steel, aluminum, copper, brass in all shapes and forms
For any inquiries regarding the stores' products, please contact sto...@phas.ubc.ca.
Disposal and Recycling
You can dispose of the following items at these locations:
- Battery Recycling (Hennings 210)
- E-waste (Hennings 112)
- Metal and plastic scrap (Hennings 117)
- Glass (Hennings 112)
- Empty aerosol paint can (Hennings 112)
Shipping and Receiving (Hennings 220)
Packages delivered to the Hennings building are placed in room 220. Upon reception, you will be contacted by email.
You will also find packaging supplies that you can use at your convenience.