Professor, July, 2013 -now
Associate Professor, UBC, July, 2006 - June, 2013
Assistant Professor, UBC, Aug, 2003 - June, 2006.
Assistant Professor, Utrecht University, Oct, 2000 - July, 2003
Alfred P. Sloan fellow (2005-2007)
Associate, Canadian Institute for Adavanced Research (2006-2008)
Scholar, Canadian Institute For Advanced Research (2008-2012)
Fellow, Canadian Institute For Advanced Research (2012-now)
Foreign Associate, ICQS, IoP, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2007-now)
Killam Research Fellowship, University of British Columbia (2011)
Hobbies and Interests
tennis, skiing, hiking and jogging
Ultra-Cold Quantum Matter, Strong-Coupling physics, Far Away From Equilibrium Quantum Dynamics, Quantum entanglement.
My research has been focused on the following topics:
- Spinor gases and fractionalized topological excitations;
- Quantum-fluctuations driven ordering and dynamics;
- Strong coupling physics near scale invariant fixed points;
- Emergent symmetries and correlations in quantum many-body dynamics;
- Quantum many-body entanglement;
- Emergent many-body quantum Chaos.
NOTE: Recent research papers can be found here.