CWL - Campus Wide Login
The Campus-Wide Login authentication service is maintained by UBC IT. This is a self-subscription system (ie you can create a login via a Web form). Staff & faculty require an employee number; students require a student number & a Student Service Centre password. (Please check the current requirements at Who can register for CWL.)
This service allows
- access to the campus wireless network
- access to UBC VPN service, including a reserved IP range for the phas VPN.
- access to other protected campus services depending on assigned roles. (eg PeopleSoft).
- other campus services (SISc, FSC, ...) & the dept. portal can be expected to migrate to using CWLs in the future.
To check your role assignments: (to see if you are able to use a P&A VPN, for example)
- from the CWL Main Page select myAccount and then View or Update Login Details; which should launch a View or Update Login Details
- In the displayed account Information box -- will be a: Role List. If you are part of the P&A VPN you will see something like: