CWL - Campus Wide Login
The Campus-Wide Login (http://www.cwl.ubc.ca/) authentication service is maintained by UBC IT (http://it.ubc.ca/). This is a self-subscription system (ie you can create a login via a Web form). Staff & faculty require an employee number; students require a student number & a Student Service Centre password. (Please check the current requirements at Who can register for CWL (http://it.ubc.ca/service_catalogue/accounts/cwl/faq.html#register).)
This service allows
- access to the campus wireless network
- access to UBC VPN service, including a reserved IP range for the phas VPN (https://phas.ubc.ca/phas-vpn).
- access to other protected campus services depending on assigned roles. (eg PeopleSoft).
- other campus services (SISc, FSC, ...) & the dept. portal can be expected to migrate to using CWLs in the future.
To check your role assignments: (to see if you are able to use a P&A VPN, for example)
- from the CWL Main Page (http://www.cwl.ubc.ca/) select myAccount and then View or Update Login Details; which should launch a View or Update Login Details
- In the displayed account Information box -- will be a: Role List. If you are part of the P&A VPN you will see something like: