- These instructions apply to FASmail accounts only
- FASMail email is stored on a UBC mail server and downloaded/synchronized to your computer when your email app checks the server for new messages
- Each email account has a limited amount of disk space on the UBC mail server. When you run low or out of disk space, you need to archive your email.
- Archiving email moves messages off the mail server and into a file you store locally on your machine or on a network drive.
- This is a good way of cleaning up old emails that you want to keep but don’t access frequently.
- Note: Email archive files are not backed up on the FASmail server, so we recommended you save the archived files on a network drive which is backed up.
Please click one of the links below for instructions specific to your operating system and email program: