Close to 100 researchers (http://ubcphas.checkmarkmedia.com/researchers) (including faculty, postdocs, and research associates) are involved in a wide range of research disciplines in the Department of Physics & Astronomy at UBC. The internationally recognized research performed by our researchers and their students is supported by superb facilities (http://ubcphas.checkmarkmedia.com/research/research-facilities-and-institutions) both within the department and in related institutions on campus.
Brief overviews of the various research areas:
- Applied Physics (https://phas.ubc.ca/applied-physics)
- Astronomy & Astrophysics (https://phas.ubc.ca/astronomy-astrophysics)
- Atomic, Molecular & Optical Physics (https://phas.ubc.ca/atomic-molecular-optical-physics)
- Biophysics (https://phas.ubc.ca/biophysics)
- Condensed Matter (https://phas.ubc.ca/condensed-matter)
- Medical Physics (https://phas.ubc.ca/medical-physics)
- Particle & Nuclear Physics (https://phas.ubc.ca/particle-nuclear-physics)
- Physics & Astronomy Education (https://phas.ubc.ca/physics-astronomy-education)
- Theoretical Physics (https://phas.ubc.ca/theoretical-physics)
For more information regarding recent research updates and awards, visit Department News (https://phas.ubc.ca/news) and Faculty and Staff Awards (http://newsite.phas.ubc.ca/faculty-and-staff-awards).