Campus and Departmental Site Licenses
- Software Available at no cost for UBC Staff and Faculty (ITServices).
UBC-IT has received funding in 2017/18 to increase access to essential software for staff and faculty at UBC. The following software is now available to install at no cost on a UBC-owned device:
- Adobe Acrobat: Create, edit, and sign PDF documents.
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Collection of 20+ Adobe apps including Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom and InDesign
- SPSS: An advanced statistical package for the Social Sciences
- SAS: Software for business intelligence, business analytics, data warehousing, and data mining to gather, manage, and analyze large amounts of information
- Maple: A powerful mathematical problem solving and visualization system used worldwide in education, research, and industry.
- Sophos Anti-Virus Scanning Software (ITServices).
- With UBC Campus Agreement, all the faculty and staff can use the following software for free on UBC-owned computers. The installation CD/DVD can be checked out from IT department at Hennings 203C:
- Microsoft Office Professional
- Microsoft OS Upgrade Version
- Microsoft Project Professional
- Microsoft Visio Professional
- Our department own the following software with limited licenses, please contact IT department to see if you are qualified to use any of them, and installation DVD can be checked out from IT department at Hennings 203C:
- LabView (need to purchase yearly license)
- Maple (can be installed on UBC-owned computers for free)
- MATLAB UBC License
- SolidWorks Education Edition (Only available on certain lab computers)
- SolidWorks CMC Microsystems Academic Research License