|Office:||Henn 401, Physics Building|
|Course hours:||Mon, Wed, Fri: 12:00-1:00
Hebb Room 114
|Tutorial hours:||Tues 8:30-9:30am, or Thurs 2:00-3:00pm
Hennings Room 304
|Office Hour:||Wednesday, 5:00-6:00pm, and by appointment||Graders:||Grader's office hours:|
(++append (at) gmail dot com, **append (at) phas dot ubc dot ca. ALWAYS mention PHYS306 in the subject of your email, please.)
- There will be in-class questions and problems in the form of worksheets, which will occasionally be graded for credit (see grade breakdown below). These are more or less there to help you actively follow along during lectures.
- There will be homework assignments, which are the best way to prepare for the midterm and final exam. Copying solutions results in a zero and your name is reported to the department head (please do not copy solutions). HWs are due at the beginning of class, when they will be collected by a grader, and solutions may be discussed. If solutions are discussed, late assignments will not be accepted and count as zero points. Otherwise late assignments are 20% off per day, i.e. 80%, 60%, and so on. Even if you miss the deadline, it is still a good idea to do the HWs. It is the best way to prepare for the the final exam.
- Classes officially end on April 8, and Final Exams run from April 14-29. The date and place for the final exam is TBD
- No documents/notes/formulae sheets are allowed at the final exam. I will provide these along with the exam.
- During class, short questions or clarifications from your neighbor are fine, however extensive chatting or long social conversations are inappropriate and not tolerated.
- Open notebook computers are not allowed during class. Conversations by cell phone texting are not allowed during class. Sorry no exceptions.
Your final grade for the course will be computed from:
The course outline and syllabus of topics of will cover is here
- In class worksheets, HWs, solutions, and any other necessary materials will be posted on the internal Canvas page
Page last changed on: Jan 3, 2020.