The files require the use of LoggerPro software (Vernier Technologies).
The ILEs are described in the following paper:
Milner-Bolotin M, Kotlicki A, Rieger G. 2007. Can Students Learn from Lecture Demonstrations: The Role and Place of Interactive Lecture Experiments in Large Introductory Science Courses. Journal of College Science Teaching 36: 45-9
Below are detailed instructions on how to download and view the files for each of your ILE assignments:
1. Download the Logger Pro file, the movie and the picture files. Make sure they all are unzipped and are saved in the same directory on your computer.
2. Open the Logger Pro file. If the movie and the picture did not appear automatically, then use INSERT - MOVIE and INSERT IMAGE option from the top menu. Insert the movie and the image you have just downloaded in the open slots of the Logger Pro file.
3. If the page doesn't appear the way you want (it could have happened for instance if your computer screen has slightly different proportions than the original screen the page was designed for), use unlock button in the PAGE menu to unlock and then rearrange the objects on the page. If you need help with it use Logger Pro's help.
4. You are ready to analyze the motion. If you need more help use the HELP menu of the Logger Pro or read the instructions of how to use the software published on our web site.
5. Record your results and describe the analysis either in the electronic format (as a Logger Pro file) or just write them down on a separate piece of paper. Remember to bring your results (a hard copy) to the next lecture.