Interested in high energy research as an undergraduate student? Check out the following opportunities:
- A variety of funding for summer research, for both domestic and international UBC students
and including first year students, is
available at the Physics and Astronomy department at UBC.
A full list is available on our website, here.
- Domestic students can also apply for
Undergraduate Student Research Awards from NSERC
at universities other than the one where they are studying, so non-UBC students can
apply at UBC (information on
applying at UBC) and UBC students can apply at other universities (see the appropriate university's website).
- First and Second year students who belong on a group that is underrepresented in physics
might want to check out the Quantum Pathways program
If you are interested in particle physics, have a look at the IPP
Summer Student Program, which provides research experience at CERN in July and August, following two
months with a Canadian superviser in May and June
- If you have an interest in nuclear physics and isotope science, you want to know about the
TRIUMF Undergraduate Student Program.
- If you are interested in theoretical physics, check out the Undergraduate Theoretical Physics Summer Program at Perimeter Institute.